Thursday, September 22, 2011

The ranch photographer was here again. He said, "This DVD is going to be all about you. Are you single? Because then we could put on the screen, 'Come to the ranch and meet this girl!'" In the morning I fly fished for the cameras-- we landed three and missed three more. The largest was an 18" rainbow, missing one eye and half his tail. A blind fish-- must've been why I was able to catch him. In the afternoon, Levi and I saddled up and rode them around for the cameras. We crossed the river a thousand times, and then I took Howdy into the field behind the barn and galloped flat out, hell bent for leather, back and forth while the cameras rolled. I thought, 'surely I'm not going to be able to run towards home for long before Howdy gets annoyed and bucks me off.' My horse was perfect, and each time flew faster across the ground. He loved it. He totally knew those cameras were rolling.

No comments: