1 . Money isn't made out of paper, it's
made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written
on hemp (marijuana) paper.
3. The dot over the letter 'i' is called
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh
champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the
bottom of the glass to the top.
5. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the
sales of Happy Meals.
6. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary
7. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its
inventor, who had red eyes. He was albino.
8. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the
wrong parents, daily.
9. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and
nervous system; a few ounces will kill a small sized dog.
10. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by
torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath,
causing the shark to explode.
11. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
12. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland
because he doesn't wear pants.
13. Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as
14. Upper and lower case letters are named
'upper' and 'lower' because in the time
when all original print had to be set in individual
letters, the upper case' letters were stored in the case
on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower
15. Leonardo DaVinci could write with one hand
and draw with the other at the same time hence,
multi-tasking was invented.
16. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given
out during World War II were made of wood.
17. There are no clocks in Las Vegas
18. The name Wendy was made up for the book
Peter Pan; there was never a recorded Wendy before!
19. There are no words in the dictionary that
rhyme with: orange, purple, and silver!
20. Leonardo DaVinci invented scissors. Also,
it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
21. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will
make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Like some people I know)
22. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original 'Halloween' was a Captain Kirk's mask painted white.
23. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and
four pennies , you have $1.19 You also have the largest
amount of money in coins without being able to make change
for a dollar.
24. By raising your legs slowly and lying on
your back, you can't sink in quicksand (and you thought
this list was completely useless.)
25. The phrase 'rule of thumb' is
derived from an old English law, which stated that you
couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your
26. The first product Motorola started to
develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time,
the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so
they called themselves Motorola.
27. Celery has negative calories! It takes
more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has
in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
28. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep
you from crying!
29. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is
30. Guinness Book of Records holds the record
for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans
before they go into space because passing w! ind in a space
suit damages it.